IEA Photovoltaic Power Systems (PVPS)
The "Photovoltaic Power Systems Program" is the world's largest research platform in the field of photovoltaics. Coordinated within the framework of the International Energy Agency as one of the "Technology Collaboration Programs" (TCP) in the area of the "Renewable Energy Working Party", it has been providing a platform for applied research activities and market introduction strategies for photovoltaics for more than 25 years.
The main focus of the 2018-2022 strategy will be on the systemic role of photovoltaics in the energy system; PV in buildings, in transport but also the question of electricity grids with a high share of photovoltaic power generation are the focus. Research activities on reliability, safety and environmental compatibility are continued.
The IEA PVPS mission was last revised in the strategy process 2012 and is still valid today:
To enhance the international collaborative effort which facilitates the role of photovoltaic solar energy as a cornerstone in the transition to sustainable energy systems.
Ongoing Tasks with Austrian participation
- Task 1: PV Strategy and outreach
- Task 12: Sustainable PV
- Task 13: Performance, Operation and Reliability of Photovoltaic Systems
- Task 14: Solar PV in the 100% Renewable Energy Source based Power System
- Task 15: Builiding integrated Photovoltaic
- Task 16: Analysis of Solar Resources for High Dissemination and Large Area Applications
- Task 17: Photovoltaic and Transport
- Task 2: Performance, Reliability and Analysis of Photovoltaic Systems
- Task 3: Use of photovoltaic power systems in stand-alone and island applications
- Task 5: Grid interconnection of building integrated and other dispersed photovoltaic systems
- Task 6: Design and operation of modular photovoltaic plants for large scale power generation
- Task 7: Photovoltaic power systems in the built environment
- Task 8: Very large PV
- Task 10: Urban-scale grid-connected PV applications.
- Task 11: PV-Hybrid-Systems
- Task 13: Performance and Reliability of Photovoltaic Systems
Working period 2010-2018
Working period 2018-2021
- Task 14: The role of photovoltaics in a 100% renewable electricity system
- Task 15: Enabling Framework for the Acceleration of Building Integrated Photovoltaics
Publications are available on the German part of the website.
Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Chile, China, Denmark, SolarPower Europe, European Union, Finland, France, Germany, International Copper Association, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Morocco, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, the Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA), the Smart Electric Power Alliance (SEPA), South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, United States