Working Party on Renewable Energy Technologies (REWP)
REWP has been established in 1982 as an advisory body for the Committee on Energy Research and Technology (CERT).
Core functions of this working party
as stated in its mandate:
- Provide a platform for information exchange and discussion
- Provide advice to CERT and the IEA Secretariat
- Review, add value to and develop shared key messages from the nine IEA TCPs which are under the umbrella of the REWP
- Contribute to the development of the IEA's Energy Technology Network
- Enhance the impact of IEA's work
All IEA Member States are represented in this body, with additional participation from Accession and Association Countries like Chile, China, Brazil, Indonesia and Morocco.
Technology Collaboration Programmes (TCPs)
Austria is participating in 5 out of 9 TCPs:
- Concentrated Solar Power Technologies (SolarPACES)
- Photovoltaics (PVPS)
- Solar Heating and Cooling (SHC)
- Wind Energy Systems (WES)
This set of topics clearly reflects Austria's goals in renewable energy technology policy. Participation in new TCPs is regularly evaluated; participation in Hydrogen TCP is under preparation.
REWP has established a Renewable Industry Advisory Board (RIAB) in 2013. RIAB has developed into a key platform for the dialog IEA with renewable energy's industry.
Andreas Indinger (Austrian delegate and Vice-Chair)
Austrian Energy Agency
Mariahilfer Straße 136
Tel.: +43 (1) 586 15 24-111
Fax: +43 (1) 586 15 24-340