From the perspective of sustainable development it is vital to create resource-efficient production systems and to diminish our use of fossil and mineral raw materials.
For many years bmvit has initiated a wide range of research activities of fundamental importance for securing a sustainable future for production and for harnessing biogenic raw materials and sources of energy. As a result biobased industry has grown into an area of real strength in Austrian research and industry, while trend-setting results have also emerged from research in the fields of critical raw materials and innovative materials.
In Europe, and particularly in Austria, great hopes are placed in the comprehensive strategy of the knowledge-based bio-economy. bmvit, BMWFW and BMLFUW are currently working on a joint bio-economy RTI strategy in the RTI study group "Climate change and resource scarcity".
- Biobasierte Industrie
- Whole plant use and cascading use of NAWARO
- Industrial Ecology & Zero Waste
- Critical raw materials
- Agricultural production of NAWAROs
- Sustainable production processes
- Byproduct & use of residual materials
- Optimization of material cycles
- Products from NAWARO
- Product development and product service systems
- production chains
- Special phytonutrients
- Strategies for the transition to sustainable production systems
- Technologies for the processing of NAWARO
- Processing of waste materials
- Process technologies
- Werkstoffe / Produkte