Workshop: Quantifying and managing land use effects of bioenergy
IEA Bioenergy Tasks 38, 40 and 43 and the Brazilian Bioethanol Science and Technology Laboratory (Laboratório Nacional de Ciência e Tecnologia do Bioetanol - CTBE)
The workshop will address the following themes:
1. Quantifying Land Use and Land Use Change effects of bioenergy
- Methods for estimating land use and land use change - modeling and other approaches
- Effects of bioenergy systems on GHG emissions, carbon flows
- Other effects of bioenergy (soil, water, biodiversity, social)
- Integrating land use change effects in broader assessment frameworks
2. Responding to Land Use and Land Use Change effects of bioenergy
- Policy measures, standards and certification
- Integrated land use strategies
The programme is available at the workshop's website.
Researchers, policiy makers, students
The registration for the Workshop on Quantifying and Managing Land Use Effects of Bioenergy will be available until September 14th, 2011 at the workshop's website.
Dora Maria Marques
Phone: +55 (19) 3512-1023