IEA-ISGAN Annex 2: Smart Grid Case Studies (Working period 2019 - 2023)
The International Smart Grid Action Network (ISGAN) is a technology programme of the International Energy Agency (IEA) and an initiative of the Clean Energy Ministry (CEM). ISGAN's mission is to collect, analyse and communicate results on the theme of smart grids from member countries according to the needs of different stakeholders. The stakeholders are mainly policy makers and funding bodies, but also application-oriented research will find important information for future projects in the more detailed reports.
To ensure that information, findings and best practices developed and analysed in ISGAN reach the relevant stakeholders, the Communication Working Group was established. In this group, the results are processed in different information products and made available to the relevant stakeholders.
The following information products were produced within the framework of this project:
- Collection of results mostly from pilot projects on a specific theme from different countries and projects.
- Results can include market aspects, technical results as well as policy recommendations and best practices and experiences
- Survey on drivers and technologies for smart grids
- Survey on national motivating factors and priorities in national smart grid strategy
- Results will be correlated with previous survey results to analyse the global evolution of the surveyed factors over the last years.
- Knowledge Transfer Projects
- Longer-term intensive collaboration of stakeholders from different sectors on a common theme with the aim of developing policy recommendations.
- Cooperation with ISGAN internal and external stakeholders of the energy system.
Austria, Canada, China, European Commission, France, Germany, India, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Singapore, Spain (lead), Sweden, USA; Korea
DI Dr. Susanne Windischberger
AIT Austrian Institute of Technology GmbH
Tel.: +43 50550-6290
Mobil: +43 664 88964968