Clean Energy Education & Empowerment (C3E TCP)
In the Austrian energy sector, only 18 % of employees are female, well below the international average of 25 %. This share continues to fall to 7 % with increasing responsibility. (Genderspezifische Basisdatenerhebung der Energiewirtschaft in Österrreich 2011, BMLFUW 2012). In publicly funded energy research projects the proportion of female engineers is around 14 % (Energieforschungserhebung 2018, BMVIT 2019).
The focus of activities in the IEA Technology Collaboration Programme "Clean Energy, Education and Empowerment" (C3E TCP) focuses on information exchange and networking to inspire more women to enter into clean energy professions. Through an international award's programme and a career network, the TCP should especially honor women in leadership roles and showcase role models in the clean energy sector.
Austria is currently taking part in all workstreams of the TCP C3E und holds the main responsibility for workstream 4:
- Workstream 1: Data Collection
- Workstream 2: Ambassadors Programme
- Workstream 3: Awards Programme
- Workstream 4: Communication and Website
- Workstream 5: Equal by 30
In addition to developing creative and audience-specific content for the new C3E website and to dissemination via social media channels, a key aspect of the TCP is the direct outreach to relevant stakeholders. Against this background, Austria has a lot to offer: numerous projects on data analysis, network development and communication activities as well as strong technical knowledge.
The planned results are:
- Application of an innovative method of graph-based databases for data collection and analysis of existing data on topic-specific information, from the share of women in various areas of administration or other sectors, to national policies on gender equality (workstream 1)
- Attracting Austrian mentors and ambassadors for the "Ambassador Program" (workstream 2)
- Implementation of a "Women in Energy Breakfast" event series, which is held twice a year and enables the participants to get in contact with other women in the clean energy sector (workstreams 2 - 3)
- Application assistance to Austrian participants for the annual C3E award program within the framework of the Clean Energy Ministerial (CEM) (workstream 3)
- Development and implementation of a broad national communication strategy with a focus on personal and exclusive communication and dialogue, which is reflected in the tailored communication measures (workstream 4)
- Preparation of imaginative, modern editorial contributions for the new C3E website (workstream 4)
- Gain more attention, especially in Austria, for the objectives of the "Equal by 30" campaign (workstream 5) and for the TCP C3E
The C3E TCP is an initiative of the Clean Energy Ministerial (CEM), a high-level state organization with the aim of promoting policy measures in the field of clean energy technologies.
The IEA Technology Collaboration Program (TCP) framework is especially suitable for implementing concrete joint activities. As a result, the C3E was reorganized in June 2017 as an IEA TCP to provide a stronger organisational structure for the initiative. The BMVIT joined the C3E TCP in July 2018.
Australia, Austria, Canada, Chile, Czech Republic, European Union, Finland, Great Britain, Italy, Sweden, USA
Mag. Christine Meissl
Tel.: +43 (5) 7755 2719
Mag. Sabine Mitter
Tel: +43 (1) 71162 652 915
Shruti Athavale, MSc.
AUSTRIAN ENERGY AGENCY
Tel.: +43 (0)1 586 15 24-151