IEA C3E Workshop Women in Energy
11. April 2019, 2 - 5 pm
Haus der Forschung, Ground floor, Sensengasse 1, 1090 Vienna
Clean Energy Education & Empowerment (C3E TCP)
The ideas and talents of all members of society are essential to building a sustainable future. Closing the gender gap and increasing women's participation and leadership in the field of energy is a prerequisite to meeting our shared clean energy challenges.
The Clean Energy Education & Empowerment (C3E) Technology Collaboration Programme (TCP) has been working towards this goal in the framework of the International Energy Agency and the Clean Energy Ministerial. The Workshop's goal is to present the C3E TCP and other international initiatives as well as Austrian good practices, which aim to promote gender equality in companies in the field of clean energy.
At the end, participants will have learnt from good practices, networked with role models active in the field and understood why the inclusion of women is vital for progress towards clean energy goals.
14:00 RECEPTION Address of welcome
- Andreas Wildberger, Austrian Research Promotion Agency
- Sabine Mitter, Austrian Ministry for Transport, Innovation and Technology
Introduction and Keynotes – Women in Energy
- Overview of the C3E TCP: Putting Ideas into Action
Annette Hollas, Chairwoman of the C3E TCP
- Leading Change: The Relevance of Gender Diversity for Adaptability (Agility) and Innovation
Heike Mensi-Klarbach, Vienna University of Economics and Business
Short Interviews – Strategic Thoughts on the Inclusion of Women
- Gudrun Senk, Wien Energie GmbH Vertrieb GmbH & Co KG
- Christine Lins, Global Women's Network for the Energy Transition and Susanne Wolf-Eberl, WIMEN Network
- Peter Reichel, OVE Austrian Electrotechnical Association
- Roman Schmid, BIOENERGY 2020+ GmbH and Margaretha Spencer AEE - Institut für Nachhaltige Technologien
Market Place of Possibilities – Meeting Role Models & Good Practices
Informal networking opportunity (including buffet) to exchange in-depth with the organizations and initiatives briefly presented in the session before.
Summary in Plenary Session
Facilitation: Astrid Reinprecht, ÖGUT
2pm - 5pm
Please register until April 8th, 2019.
The number of participants is limited, please register soon.
Participation is free
ÖGUT - Austrian Society for Environment and Technology