IEA C3E Workshop Women in Energy
Clean Energy Education & Empowerment (C3E TCP)
The ideas and talents of all members of society are essential to building a sustainable future. Closing the gender gap and increasing women's participation and leadership in the field of energy are prerequisites to meeting our shared clean energy challenges.
The Clean Energy Education & Empowerment (C3E) Technology Collaboration Programme (TCP) has been working towards this goal in the framework of the International Energy Agency (IEA) and the Clean Energy Ministerial. The Workshop's goal was to present the C3E TCP and other international initiatives as well as Austrian good practices, which aim to promote gender equality in energy companies and organisations. About 70 participants took the opportunity to learn from good practices and to network with role models.
14:00 RECEPTION Address of welcome
- Andreas Wildberger, Austrian Research Promotion Agency
- Sabine Mitter, Austrian Ministry for Transport, Innovation and Technology
Introduction and Keynotes – Women in Energy
- Overview of the C3E TCP: Putting Ideas into Action
Annette Hollas, Chairwoman of the C3E TCP
- Leading Change: The Relevance of Gender Diversity for Adaptability (Agility) and Innovation
Heike Mensi-Klarbach, Vienna University of Economics and Business
Short Interviews – Strategic Thoughts on the Inclusion of Women
- Gudrun Senk, Wien Energie GmbH
- Christine Lins, Global Women's Network for the Energy Transition
- Susanne Wolf-Eberl, WIMEN Network
- Peter Reichel, OVE Austrian Electrotechnical Association
- Roman Schmid, BIOENERGY 2020+ GmbH
- Margaretha Spencer AEE - Institut für Nachhaltige Technologien
Market Place of Possibilities – Meeting Role Models & Good Practices
Informal networking opportunity (including buffet) to exchange in-depth with the organizations and initiatives briefly presented in the session before.
Summary in Plenary Session
Facilitation: Astrid Reinprecht, ÖGUT
ÖGUT - Austrian Society for Environment and Technology