Clean Energy Ministerial Pre-event "Women in Energy: Harnessing All Talent"
Participate in this virtual event via Youtube-Livestream to:
- Learn from governments, international organisations and the private sector about the commitments they are making to increase the participation of women in the energy sector;
- Hear inspiring stories from C3E Ambassadors and women in STEM about the importance of networking, educational programmes and mentorship; and
- Celebrate success through the announcement of the C3E Woman of Distinction and Organizational Leadership Awards to recognise outstanding leadership.
This event is part of the 11th Clean Energy Ministerial (CEM11) meeting programme and is being organised with the C3E International initiative, Equalby30 campaign and the recently launched C3E International Ambassador programme. All CEM members are invited to participate in these activities, so please contact us (email@example.com) to find out how you can get involved and demonstrate your commitment!
Session 1: Actions to increase women's participation in the clean energy sector
The session will feature insights from governments, international organisations and private
enterprises who are sharing their strategies and commitments on boosting women's participation
in the clean energy sectors. Speakers will include:
- Dan Brouillette, U.S. Secretary of Energy
- Shawn Tupper, Acting Deputy Minister, Natural Resource Canada
- Javiera Aldunate, Chief of the International Affairs Office, Chile
- Valerie Levkov, Sr. Vice President for Africa, the Middle East and East Mediterranean, EDF
- Dr. Marit Brommer, Executive Director, International Geothermal Association
- Kate Chisholm, Sr. Vice President, Capital Power
- C3E International – expressions of support from governments and organisations
Session 2: Empowering and inspiring women to enter into clean energy professions
This session will dive into actions being taken to empower women to follow a career path in
clean energy professions, internationally and from a regional perspective. There will be a
spotlight on the role of educational programmes, networks and mentorship in attracting and
retaining female talent in the energy sector. Speakers will include:
- Dr. Malak Al-Nory, Effat University & MIT
- Dr. Noura Mansouri, Research Fellow at KAPSARC
- Kára McCullough, Nuclear Scientist & Miss USA 2017
- Sheila Oparaocha, International Coordinator and Programme Manager ENERGIA
Session 3: Showcasing the contributions of C3E International
This session will showcase two elements of C3E International's work to recognise the leadership
and achievement of women in energy – the recently launched C3E International Ambassador
programme and the C3E International Awards. The goal of these activities is to provide positive
role models and encourage women of all ages to contribute to the clean energy field.
- C3E International Ambassadors video
- Joanna Osawe, Chair and Co-Founder of WiRE
- Winner C3E Woman of Distinction award
- Winner C3E Organizational Leadership award
The event will be livestreamed and is open to all.