Highlights of Bioenergy Research 2020
Federal Ministry of Transport, Innovation and Technology (BMVIT), Klima- und Energiefonds, IEA Bioenergy, ERA-NET Bioenergy
The series of events "Bioenergy Research Highlights" was launched by the Federal Ministry of Transport, Innovation and Technology (BMVIT) with the aim of creating a platform for all experts and stakeholders.
Austria is participating intensively in the TCP (Technology Collaboration Programme) Bioenergy within the framework of the IEA Research Cooperation. The IEA Bioenergy aims to accelerate the production and use of sustainable and cost-competitive technologies for bioenergy.
In the ERA-NET Bioenergy, national ministries and agencies that own or manage bioenergy research programmes – in Austria the Climate and Energy Fund as well as the Federal Ministry for Transport, Innovation and Technology – work together in order to improve cost-effectiveness and ensure the maximum research impacts for bioenergy.
The event "Highlights of Bioenergy Research" presents current developments and results from the IEA Bioenergy tasks as well as transnational research and development projects for the sustainable use of bioenergy from the ERA-NET Bioenergy. Exciting lectures on topics such as gasification of biomass and waste, energy from biogas, biorefineries and much more are awaiting you.
In addition to directional research and development results, the event provides enough space for exchange and networking in the field of bioenergy research.
The event "Highlights of Bioenergy Research" 2020 will be part of the 6th Central European Biomass Conference CEBC 2020 which will take place from the 20.-24. January in Graz.
- 08:00 REGISTRATION
- 09:00 Welcome and Introduction
Michael Paula, Austrian Federal Ministry for Transport, Innovation and Technology (BMVIT)
- 09:10 Keynote > IEA Bioenergy highlights
Luc Pelkmans, IEA Bioenergy
- 09:30 Keynote > ERA-NET Bioenergy – Pulling bioenergy research together
Birger Kerckow, Agency for Renewable Resources (FNR), ERA-NET Bioenergy Secretariat
BLOCK I: Biogas and aspects of biogas technologies
- 09:50 EVEmBi – Determination of methane emissions from biogas plants and reduction strategies
Katharina Meixner, BEST - Bioenergy and Sustainable Technologies GmbH
- 10:10 Biogas for Future Electric and Gas Grids – BIOFEGG
Antti Rimpiläinen, Kajaani University of Applied Sciences (KAMK)
- 10:30 COFFEE BREAK
- 11:00 ManuMax – Development of a heat integrated steam explosion pretreatment process to enhance biogas yields in anaerobic digestion of manure
Michael Studer, Bern University of Applied Sciences (BFH)
- 11:20 International Energy Agency – Task 37 Energy from Biogas
Günther Bochmann, University of Natural Resource and Life Sciences, Vienna
BLOCK II: Thermal gasification of biomass and biomass-related aspects
- 11:40 IEA Bioenergy Task 33 – activities and projects
Jitka Hrbek, University of Natural Resource and Life Sciences, Vienna
- 12:00 BIO_CCHP – Advanced biomass CCHP based on gasification, SOFC and cooling machines – Solid oxide fuel cell performance with gases from biomass gasification
Gernot Pongratz, Graz University of Technology
- 12:20 BIOFLEX! – Clean and flexible use of new difficult biomass fuels in small to medium-scale combustion
Thomas Brunner, BIOS BIOENERGIESYSTEME GmbH
- 12:40 The OxyCar-FBC project: Improving biomass combustion in fluidized beds for higher efficiency and lower emissions
Stefan Penthor, Vienna University of Technology
- 13:00 LUNCH BREAK
Block III: Insights into further ERA-NET projects with different thematic focus
- 14:00 VaBiSys – Value-optimised use of biomass in a flexible energy infrastructure
Ilkka Hannula, VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland Ltd
- 14:20 EnCat – Enhanced catalytic fast pyrolysis of biomass for high-quality biofuels
Thomas Brunner, BIOS BIOENERGIESYSTEME GmbH
- 14:40 REFA-WOOD: Reduction of ash-related problems in large-scale biomass combustion systems via resource efficient low-cost fuel additives
Peter Sommersacher, BEST - Bioenergy and Sustainable Technologies GmbH
- 15:00 Farewell / Résumé
- 15:05 END
The participation is free of charge (with coupon code: highlights). Please register until January, 9th 2020
Limited number of participants, please register in time!
For further organizational information please contact Antonija Wieser: firstname.lastname@example.org