Save the date: IEA EGRD Workshop - Green Fuels
IEA Experts' Group on R&D Priority Setting and Evaluation (EGRD)
The next EGRD workshop will focus on green fuels. The workshop aims to address the following questions:
- What are the energy carriers of the future? [Electricity, fuels, gas, solid?]
- What is the global outlook for alternative fuels in a low-carbon energy system?
- What is the trade-off between electrification of the energy system and the request for alternative fuels in sectors difficult to electrify?
- Do power-to-x technologies out-rule biogas and –fuels?
- How do the use of Power-to-x technologies influence the efficiency of the energy system?
- What is the role of alternative fuels in sector coupling?
- What are the technological challenges, risks and co-benefits of alternative fuels?
- What are specific advantages and disadvantages of different energy carriers and which carrier is most adequate for which end use sector?
- How can RD&D policies accelerate affordable, effective and environmentally friendly alternative fuels?
More information will be available soon on the IEA Website.