Forum: Deep Energy Retrofit of Buildings - Technical and Business Strategies
- Dr. Alexander Zhivov, ERDC (U.S.A.) – Co-chair
- Rüdiger Lohse, KEA (Germany) -Co-Chair
- Cyrus Nasseri, DOE FEMP (U.S.A.)
- Kinga Porst, GSA (U.S.A.)
- George Lea, USACE (U.S.A.)
- Camron Oskvig, NAS (U.S.A.)
- TBD, ASHRAE (U.S.A.)
The Federal Facilities Council of the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine in partnership with the International Energy Agency EBC Program Annex 61, US Army Corps of Engineers, U.S. General Services Administration, the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers and the U.S. Department of Energy would like to invite you and representatives of your organization to participate in the “Deep Energy Retrofit of Buildings” Forum.
When buildings are renovated the energetic targets are usually kept to the minimum requirements resulting in a reduction of energy use in typical retrofit projects between 10 and 20%. Considered from the perspective of a life-cycle of a typical building this approach is a “lost opportunity.” Recent research from actual executed energy projects around the globe shows that energy reduction can exceed 50%, and that renovated buildings can cost effectively achieve the passive house standard or even approach a net zero energy status.
The Forum will include presentations addressing the following topics:
- Energy requirements with major renovation projects
- What is Deep Energy Retrofit and what does it mean for different building types, usages, climates and economic framework
- Deep Energy Retrofit Case studies from around the globe
- Core technologies bundle to achieve Deep Energy Retrofit
- How can quality assurance be achieved
- Economics of Deep Energy Retrofit
- With which business and financial models for Deep Energy Retrofit projects can be carried out cost effectively
Formal presentations by international experts will be complemented by moderated formal and informal discussions, networking and technical exhibits demonstrating the state-of-the-art technologies and best practices used in Deep Energy Retrofit projects.
This forum is designed for
- decision makers,
- public building owners,
- energy managers,
- energy performance companies and
- industry partners involved in major renovation of buildings.
Participant InformationOnline registration
Dr. Alexander Zhivov
US Army ERDC-CERL, U.S.A.