Joint Workshop IEA-ISGAN Annex 6 & IEA-PVPS Task 14
OrganizerAIT - Austrian Institute of Technology, IEA-ISGAN Annex 6 and IEA-PVPS Task 14
The planned rapid growth of both distributed and large-scale wind and solar power generation will require a "smarter" and more powerful transmission and distribution system, with higher customer involvement and the rise of new market players.
A key element in this transition phase is flexibility, both on the demand side and on the generation side. Experiences and approaches concerning the use of variable renewables as flexible resources to support grid operation will be shared and discussed.
With the introduction of new grid operation approaches, the roles of network operators are evolving. This includes a closer interaction between TSOs and DSOs. The workshop will be a great opportunity to learn about the TSO-DSO interaction in other countries and discuss further developments.
- 09:30 - Short presentation on ISGAN and PVPS
- Keynote speeches
The use of variable renewables, especially PV, as flexible resources to support grid operation
- Requirements and needs from the system operation perspective (including Impact of high RES penetration on reserves)
- RES/PV penetration levels and hosting capacity
- Capabilities of RES/PV to provide flexibility
- Increased flexibility through forecasting
- TSO-DSO interaction in power systems with high RES penetration
- Current practices in different countries, roles and responsibilities
- Value proposition of improved TSO-DSO communication and interaction
- Technical and regulatory requirements
- 17:00 - Cocktail reception
More detailed information on the workshop-programme will be provided at the beginning of May.
No fee for the workshop.
Registration until May 15th is required!