"gugler! build & print triple zero" - subproject 9: Monitoring Gugler - Monitoring, evaluation, optimization GUGLER
This project is a sub project of the flagship project "gugler! build & print triple zero"
Starting point / motivation
The project "gugler" consists of basic research, applied experimental development, integrated general planning, monitoring / optimization and dissemination.
Monitoring Gugler consists of data collection from energy flow, stock flow, humidity, etc. from the existing buildings around it for optimization opportunities for the existing buildings as well as criteria and planning principles to win for the newly constructed buildings. Furthermore the effectiveness of the optimizations will be documented by the data recording of the existing building.
Contents and goals
The project "Monitoring evaluation, optimization lighthouse Gugler" is the measurement of the relevant building values (energy consumption, mass flows, temperatures, humidity, air quality), the evaluation of these values compared with the intended objectives and the optimization of the system based on the measured and evaluated data.
The project is divided into the following elements:
- development of a measurement concept for the existing buildings and facilities, the new building, with emphasis on the plus-energy-parts of the building (defined as per Sup-Project 4) and the compressed-air energy storage process.
- Organization of a data acquisition system for the existing building
- Coverage of the inventory data from annex to start here to document changes.
- Delivery of performance specifications for control-system of the new building
- Monitoring of the sample components assembly, preparation of data storage structures, external real-time access
- Evaluation and presentation of results (monitoring)
- Evaluation and reporting over 3 year period
- In-service optimization advice (control strategy, user behaviour, …) with the aid of past-simulations (Subproject 4)
- Compiling and preparation of documents and filing for obtaining certifications (energy Level)
As a particularly innovative contribution the storage of alternatively generated electricity to solar and wind energy in the form of compressed air must be considered. The compressed air is mostly consumed directly in the printer machines and converted back into electricity. The waste-heat produced at the compression of air will be reused in the system. The cold which is a result of the relaxation of high-pressure air to the working-level will also be reused in the system.
Methods of treatment
To enable the proposed re-use and simultaneous thermal and power consumption optimization (IT) of the office building portion, a preliminary investment in a data acquisition system is required to document the status quo. The status quo has been evaluated not only in the offices but also in the production hall especially in consideration of the occurred summer overheating by the machines, the constant rise of the humidity and air will be the base for the following optimization steps.
The focus of the collection of social and subjective parameters of the employees in the office and in the printing hall is furnished by the parent project monitorPlus from the Austrian Institute of Ecology (Österreichisches Ökologie-Institut) and IBO.
Expected results / conclusions
By the monitoring both the saving potential in an existing buildingshould be shown, as well as the use of the data obtained in the planning and construction of a new building. Especially to buffer the generated electricity and the storage logistics will be a key optimization field. The measurement reports can help to approach the planned consumption data or can be used as base for optimized single components or as input data for past-simulation.
- Ing. Jürgen Obermayer
New Energy Consulting
Ingenieurbüro für Neue Energie & Gebäudetechnik
Ing. Jürgen Obermayer GmbH
Project or cooperation partner
- Gugler GmbH, DI Roland Dunzendorfer
- IBO GmbH, DI Thomas Zelger