"gugler! build & print triple zero" - Subproject 8: Leuchtturm gugler – Ökoeffektive Plusenergiedruckerei
Starting point / motivation
This subproject 8 „Leuchtturm gugler – Ökoeffektive Plusenergiedruckerei" is part of the Haus der Zukunft Plus leadproject „Innovationsleuchtturm gugler", is based on the two basic projects Subpro 2 and Subpro 3 and integrates also subproject 4 (Energiekonzept), 5 (ökoeffektives Gebäude), 6 (Integration C2C Produktionsprozess) and 7 (innovative Teile der integrierten Generalplanung). Due to a change in market conditions and an increasingly strong competition in the market, the project was adapted a few times concerning space- and cost-optimization compared to the project proposal of the lead project in 2009.
Contents and goals
The aim is to build a prototype building, based on the target list, the achieved scientific findings of the foregoing subprojects and the integrative C2C planning. From an energetic point of view this means plus energy standard for all energy services, the only exception being process energy. In the future, more self-produced primary energy will be delivered from the production site into the system than from the system to the production site. The integrated construction process comprises the construction of the building, cost controlling, content related target tracking, realisation of all parts and measuring components for monitoring.
The methodical approach divides into 4 working packages.
- AP 1 innovative Mehrkosten Neubau deals with all foregoing insights and results from preceding subprojects and integrates them into planning.
- AP 2 innovative Anteile Planung aimed at the following goals: implementation planning and production monitoring of the innovative parts of the prototype building as a eco-effective plus energy building which is optimised for Cradle to Cradle, plus energy houses, TQB certification, ABCD evaluation.
- AP 3 zusätzliche Maßnahmen is about evaluating the location for use of subterranean water, including filing for water rights approval procedure, C2C product analysis and blower door test. Additionally, the from a technical point of view reasonable implementation of an air cleaning system based on indoor plants was examined.
- In AP 4 Monitoring, a measuring concept following the requirements for lead projects was developed and implemented. The measuring process was started on February 6th 2018. First reports and facility optimisations followed in May 2018.
Despite enourmous pressure concerning costs, all targets of the project could be achieved, and some even exceeded. There were small setbacks like not being able to realise the air cleaning system (which was not part of the project proposal anyway), but also wins like a 43% share of recycros in the total raw materials (weight%), compared to more than 25%, which was planned.
The result is by all means a milestone for the printing industry.
Arch. DI Ursula Schneider
Project or cooperation partners
- Österr. Institut für Baubiologie und -ökologie GmbH (IBO)
- alchemia nova ("alchemia")
- New Energy Consulting ("new energy")
- Gugler GmbH