IEA Experts Group "R&D Priority Setting and Evaluation" (EGRD)
The experts group advises the CERT on methods and research priorities in the area of energy technology. It thus deals with strategies for research (scenario development, roadmaps or implementation strategies for new energy technologies) as well as with the implementation of research projects.
In order to fulfil its mandate, the expert groups organises workshops twice each year. The workshops serve to bring together international experiences from the area of energy research for the preparation of national strategy papers.
Austria contributes with expertise and best practice examples from international cooperation as well. The results of these experts' discussions are documented in comprehensive reports.
The work programme 2017-2020 includes the following workshop topics:
- Workshop 1: Blue Sky Research for Energy Technology (June 14 and 15, 2017 in Birmingham)
- Workshop 2: Towards a Consumer Driven Energy System (October 12 and 13, 2017 in Copenhagen)
- Workshop 3: Addressing the Energy-Water Nexus through R&D Planning and Policies (May 28 and 29, 2018 in Brussels)
- Workshop 4: R&D prioritization and evaluation (Q4 2018)
- Workshop 5: System resiliency and flexibility (13. - 14. May 2019 in Vienna)
- Workshop 6: Green fossil fuels (Q4 2019)
These six workshops are complemented with half-day internal workshops each. These are reserved for planning future activities.
Publications are available on the website of IEA EGRD.
Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Germany, European Commission, France, International Energy Agency (Secretariat), Italy, Japan, Korea, Netherland, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Sweden, Switzerland, United States