IEA GHG Risk Management Network Meeting 2023
- IEA Greenhouse Gas R&D Programme
- Heriot Watt University
Tuesday 27 June
18:00 - 20:00 Registration and Welcome Reception
Drinks and canapes at the Lyell Centre with a tour of the research facilities (33 on site map), Heriot Watt
Wednesday 28 June
- 08:30 - 17:45 Presentations at the Postgraduate Centre (18 on the site map)
- 19:00 - 22:00 Conference Dinner at The Scotsman, Edinburgh
Thursday 29 June
09:00 – 17:00 Presentations at the Postgraduate Centre
Friday 30 June
Excursion (optional), walking tour of Arthurs Seat and gin and whisky tour at the Holyrood Distillery
Technical sessions will run broadly as follows (subject to change)
- Session 1: Risk management of legacy wells in a CSS project – An industry perspective
- Session 2: How to identify, evaluate and abandon well bores for the future?
- Session 3: Long term well integrity – performance and risk assessment
- Session 4: Well materials and testing
- Session 5: Monitoring - strategies, cost, instrumentation
- Session 6: Quantification and impact of CO2 leakage
- Session 7: Communicating well related risks to regulators and other stakeholders - Panel Discussion
- Session 8: Conclusions and Recommendations
Call for posters
Delegates planning to attend the meeting are invited to submit posters summarising relevant research that they are engaged in. Research should relate to the meetings themes.
Please submit an abstract via E-mail to Nicola Clarke summarising the research by no later than Friday 26th May 2023. Abstracts submitted after this date will not be considered.
- Delegate rate: £200 for the 2 day meeting
- Optional excursion: £50 (note places are limited to 50 and come on a first come first served basis)
Registrations will close on Friday 9th June, but early registration is advised.
Note the delegate fee is non-refundable but can be transferred to another person up to a week before the meeting.
IEA Greenhouse Gas R&D Programme
Tel.: +44 (0) 1242 802911