IEA Bioenergy Workshop: Opportunities of bioenergy and biofuels in developing economies
This workshop aims to show examples of bioenergy and biofuel related opportunities in developing economies, both for the production of (local) energy and for providing economic, social and environmental co-benefits. It will also provide guidance on tools to accelerate clean energy transitions and improved energy access in emerging economies.
The workshop is organised by the IEA Bioenergy Technology Cooperation Programme and the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO).
The workshop will consist of three separate sessions:
- The first session will provide examples how clean energy transitions and improved energy access in emerging economies can be supported.
- The second session will consider opportunities for sustainable biomass supply and its co-benefits, e.g., in landscape restoration, improved livelihoods or cleaner air.
- The third session looks into opportunities of sustainable biofuel production in developing economies to produce transport fuels and clean cooking fuels.
Each session will have keynote presentations, followed by a panel discussion. Interactive tools will be used to gather input from the audience.
Monday 22 May 2023
Session 1 - Supporting clean energy transitions and improved energy access in emerging economies
Time: 13:00 - 15:30 CEST
Tuesday 23 May 2023
- Session 2 - Biomass supply opportunities in developing economies and sustainability of supply
Time: 10:00 - 12:30 CEST
- Session 3 - Sustainable biofuel production
Time: 15:00 - 17:30 CEST
The workshop sessions will be held online.
Participation is free of charge, but pre-registration for each session is required.
Luc Pelkmans (Technical Coordinator)
Tel.: +32 (492) 977930