IEA Bioenergy Webinar: Sustainable aviation fuel/biojet technologies - commercialisation status, opportunities and challenges
Sustainable Aviation Fuels (SAF) will have to play a major role if the aviation sector is to meet its climate goals. However, to date, commercialization has been slow and current policies have proved inadequate to accelerate commercialization and widespread deployment of the various technologies described in the report.
The webinar is based on a recently published report from IEA Bioenergy Task 39 (Commercializing Conventional and Advanced Transport Biofuels from Biomass and Other Renewable Feedstocks) entitled, "Progress in Commercialization of Biojet /Sustainable Aviation Fuels (SAF): Technologies, potential and challenges" and will be presented by:
- Jack Saddler, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada, IEA Bioenergy Task 39
- Susan van Dyk , University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada, IEA Bioenergy Task 39
- Geoffrey Tauvette, FSM, Vice President, Operations and Sustainability, Canada
Jim McMillan, National Renewable Energy Laboratory, Golden, Colorado, USA, IEA Bioenergy Task 39, will moderate the webinar.
This webinar will be held on
Tuesday, July 13, 2021 from
- 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm Central European Summer Time
- 10:30 am - 12:00 pm North American Eastern Daylight Time
- 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm British Summer Time
For further information please see the poster.
Registration is requested.
ETA-Florence Renewable Energies