Addressing the Energy-Water Nexus through R&D Planning and Policies
28. - 29. May 2018
European Commission Brussels, Belgium
The next workshop organised under the auspices of the IEA Experts' Group on R&D Priority-Setting and Evaluation (EGRD), focusing on "Addressing the Energy-Water Nexus through R&D Planning and Policies", will be held 28-29 May 2018 in Brussels.
This event aims to gain further understandings of the issues of the energy-water nexus and to highlight best practice and opportunities, including integrated systems, governance, regulations, and markets (national, inter-regional or inter-national). Participants will explore opportunities for addressing the energy-water nexus in order to inform more effective R&D planning and policies.
Questions to frame the discussions are as follows:
- What are the vulnerabilities, stress points and synergies between energy and water?
- What are the trade-offs, and how are they managed?
- How can we help developing countries leapfrog in terms of technologies?
- Are there innovations which improve the efficiencies of energy, water and the energy-water nexus?
- What is needed to improve R&D planning and policies to address the energy-water nexus?
- How does the energy-water nexus affect governance, markets and regulations, and achieving the SDGs?
Should you wish to attend the event please contact Gillian.Balitrand@iea.org.