Webinar on Price Reduction of Solar Thermal Systems (free)
IEA SHC Solar Academy
SHC Task 54 "Price Reduction of Solar Thermal Systems" experts highlight economic and technological mechanisms that could change the price structure of current solar thermal systems decisively through five practical examples.
The webinar will cover:
- Solar thermal value chain and cost reduction potential (S. Fischer, ITW)
- LCOH calculation method (Y. Louvet, Uni Kassel)
- Practical examples:
- Reduction of production costs - Potential of polymeric materials (M. Meir, Aventa)
- Reduction of production costs - Potential of process cost optimization (A. Oliva, ISE)
- Cost reduction by standardization (S. Fischer, ITW)
- Cost reduction by temperature limitation (B. Schiebler, ISFH)
- Cost competitiveness of multi-family-house systems (F. Veynandt, AEE INTEC)
- Wrap-up (M. Köhl, ISE)
- Q&A & Moderator (S.Saile, ISE)
You'll hear from:
- Stephan Fischer is the Group Leader for the Testing Research and Testing Center for Thermal Solar Systems (TZS) at the Institute of Thermodynamics and Thermal Engineering (ITW) of the University of Stuttgart, Germany. He is also the SHC Task 54 Subtask B Leader.
- Michael Köhl is a senior researcher at Fraunhofer ISE, Germany and the Operating Agent of SHC Task 54.
- Yoann Louvet is a researcher that specializes in solar thermal systems and is working on cost calculations. He is a Phd student at the University of Kassel, Germany.
- Michaela Meir is the R&D leader at Aventa AS, a Norwegian company pioneering in the manufacturing and installation of polymeric solar thermal collectors. She is also the SHC Task 54 Subtask A Leader.
- Axel Oliva is a leader of the project on the techno-economic optimization of solar thermal systems at Fraunhofer ISE, Germany.
- Sandrin Saile is a project manager at Fraunhofer ISE. She is also the SHC Task 54 Subtask D Leader.
- Bert Schiebler is the leader of a project on solar system optimization at the Institute for Solar Energy Research Hameln (ISFH), Germany.
- François Veynandt is a researcher specializing in simulation and cost calculations of solar thermal systems at AEE - Institute for Sustainable Technologies, Austria.
If you're going to miss the webinar a recording with the presentations will be available in several places: