Research & Innovation Needs for Smart Grid Transition
- International Smart Grid Action Network (ISGAN), Annex 7 - Smart Grid Transitions, in partnership with
- The Clean Energy Solutions Center, an initiative of the Clean Energy Ministerial
This webinar will discuss good practice cases of how to identify research and innovation (R&I) needs for the transition towards future smart grids.
In the light of Mission Innovation, the webinar will provide policymakers and other stakeholders with a systematic approach to directing research funds not only towards technological development but also towards socio-economic research.
Two recently finalized R&I strategies will be discussed focusing on socio-technical aspects and institutional change of the smart grid transition:
- Eric Peirano (TECHNOFI, France): R&I Roadmap developed by the European Technology and Innovation Platform Smart Networks for Energy Transition (ETIP SNET)
- Klaus Kubeczko (AIT): Austrian Strategic Research Agenda (SRA) on Intelligent Energy Infrastructures
Both strategies consider smart grids as embedded in the wider context of energy systems including storage and power. The presentations will be followed by an interactive question and answer session with the audience.
To address the global perspective of the issue, stakeholders in the energy system and other participants from all over the world are invited to the webinar. Results of the discussion will be used in ISGAN Annex 7 for its Strategic Research Agenda on Smart Grid Transition.
The webinar will be held on 29 March 2017 at two different times (check your local time):
- 8:00 a.m. Central European Time | 2:00 p.m. China Standard Time
- 3:00 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time | 12:00 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time
Please register at the Clean Energy Solutions Center Website
AIT Austrian Institute of Technology GmbH
Tel.: +43 (505) 50 45 68