SHC 2012 - International Conference on Solar Heating and Cooling for Buildings and Industry
While only 19% of the world's energy usage is electricity, this sector usually draws all the public attention. But 53% of all energy is used for heating and cooling purposes. The SHC 2012 conference puts the spotlight on the fastest growing technology in this sector - solar thermal energy.
The worldwide capacity of solar collectors already stands at 200 GWth and installation numbers are growing in countries around the world. Solar heat is used to prepare domestic hot water, to heat buildings, and in industrial processes. It is also fed into district heating networks and used for air conditioning and other cooling applications.
SHC 2012 offers a platform to discuss the latest advancements in solar heating and cooling technologies. The quality of the papers presented at the conference is assured by a Scientific Committee. The IEA SHC is glad to announce that Professor Jane Davidson of the University of Minnesota, USA and Dr. Stephen Harrison of the Queen's University, Canada will jointly head this committee.
The conference takes place in the same week as the Intersolar North America trade fair, thus allowing visitors to attend both events.
Conference proceedings will be published in ELSEVIER's Energy Procedia. A selection of high quality papers will be published in Solar Energy Journal.
- R&D experts from companies, research institutes, and universities
- Scientists and researchers
- Market and policy specialists
- Experts of the solar heating and cooling community
- Representatives from finance and investment
The Scientific Committee of SHC 2012 invites you to submit your abstract for the International Conference on Solar Heating and Cooling for Buildings and Industry by January 31, 2012.
- Call for Papers: October 1, 2011
- Deadline for Abstracts: January 31, 2012
- Notification of Acceptance: March 15, 2012
- Early Bird Registration: June 15, 2012
- Full Paper Due Date: June 25, 2012
- SHC 2012: July 9-11, 2012
Scientific Chair of SHC 2012:
- Dr. Jane Davidson, University of Minnesota
- Dr. Steven Harrison, Queen's University
Sientific Chair of IEA SHC program:
- Werner Weiss, AEE Intec