Workshop: Green ICT for Growth and Sustainability
1. June 2012
Vienna University of Econonomics and Business
With high level keynote speakers from the science and policy fields:
- Lorenz Erdmann, Fraunhofer Institute for Systems and Innovation research
- Lorenz Hilty, University of Zurich & Empa
- Peter Johnston, European Policy Center & Club of Rome
- Inge Ropke, Technical University of Denmark
- Vida Rozite, International Energy Agency
The following pressing questions shall be discussed and adressed:
- Which role does ICT play for Green Growth and Sustainable Consumption?
- What are challenges and critical aspects to be discussed with regards to ICT?
- What impacts on residential energy consumption can be expected from the introduction of energy labelling on consumer electronics?
- What is the potential of smart metering in encouraging energy savings in the long run?
- Will cloud computing lead to overall savings of energy and other resources?
Please note that the number of participants is limited to 40 people. Hence, you are kindly asked to send the registration form until April 20, 2012 to firstname.lastname@example.org
The registration form as well as other relevant information about the registration procedure, the event and the RESPONDER project can be found at the workshop website.