ISEC 2024 - International Sustainable Energy Conference
- AEE Intec
- Green Energy Lab
in cooperation with
- Klima- und Energiefonds
- Land Steiermark
The 3rd International Sustainable Energy Conference - ISEC 2024 has set this year's conference theme and is looking forward to exciting contributions from researchers worldwide.
The focus of ISEC 2024 will be on how we can achieve energy sovereignty within a time horizon dictated by climate change and defined by politics. Global solutions such as the transformation of our economic system towards a sustainable circular economy, the complete phase-out of fossil fuels, the implementation of sector coupling and energy storage systems as well as the smart electrification of the energy supply will be the focus of the presentations and discussions.
As an impetus for forward-looking concepts, ISEC 2024 aims to inspire groundbreaking ideas for heat transformation in renewable energy systems and resource efficiency and facilitate a comprehensive exchange between research, industry, and energy policy. Through ISEC 2024's cooperation with the international organisations UNIDO, IEA, and REN21, all topics will have an additional focus on developing and emerging countries.
The following research topics related to technologies and systems for Buildings, Industry, Districts, Cities, and Regions are open for the Call for Abstracts
- Renewable heating and cooling, including high temperature applications
- Emerging heat and cold storage
- Solutions for Energy Efficiency
- Sustainable Renovation
- Excess Heat Energy and Resource Recovery from Low-grade Sources
- Centres for circularity
- New technologies for realizing energy and resource efficiency (Process Intensification)
- Approaches towards net-zero/negative emissions in the industry including CCU
- Digitalization for Future Energy Systems
- Coupling of Energy Sectors
- Flexibility and Stability of Thermal and Electric Grids
- Future District Heating and Cooling Technologies
- Replacement of big fossil Power Plants by Renewables – Impact on District Heating
In addition to the above research topics, the following cross-cutting themes may be addressed:
- Spatial Energy Planning
- IT Technologies and Artificial Intelligence
- Life Cycle Assessment
- Finance and Business Models
- Smart Services and System Operation
Call for Abstracts
The Call for Abstracts will be open on 4. September 2023. Deadline for submission of abstracts is 31 October 2023.
The review phase by international experts will take place in November 2023, and all accepted papers will be invited to submit a full paper in December 2023.
The Conference Scientific Advisory Board team and the Conference Chairs are working intensive to assemble a high-caliber program for the opening session on both days, with international keynote speakers from politics, academia, and industry. More on this in our next issue of AEE INTEC's ISEC newsletter.
- 09 April 2024: Side events, Welcome reception
- 10 – 11 April 2024: Conference, B2B Meetings, Workshops, Conference Dinner