Starting point / motivation
The non-profit medium and large residential building face the task, on the one hand not to be very expensive to be built, while providing state of the art solutions. This in itself already might be an almost insurmountable contradiction.
In addition, there are also changes in the society (inversion of the population pyramid, increased desire for self-determination, connection between work and family in desired form, as well as economic necessity) and the requirement for low-energy construction on low energy level, passive house level or even active household level.
This is not manageable with current design models and existing business models; neither is compatible with relevant provisions of the Non-Profit Housing Act (WGG).
Common approaches show they are mostly concentrated on only ONE of the areas (for example (assisted) housing for senior citizens, AAL (Ambient Assisted Living), Work & Family, low-energy consumption office buildings, ...) but are missing INTEGRATED and COMPREHENSIVE approaches.
Contents and goals
Development of modular integrated technical and economic business models for project development within the possibilities of the Non-Profit Housing Act with the following aspects:
- Generation Living in medium and large residential buildings with AAL aspects (Ambient Assisted Living), with sophisticated space concepts for children and seniors, day care concepts up to nursing facilities in the house.
- Living and Working (office space with plug-places and work-places) in the medium and large residential buildings, taking into account mobility aspects:
- access to public transport
- e-bike sharing
- e-car sharing
- charging stations
- trolley solutions for shopping
- central transport solutions, etc.
- Smart Home - Building envelope surfaces are preferably functional surfaces intended for the energy generation and revegetation, monitoring for optimizing operating costs with smart metering; modern technical infrastructure ensures that the two aforementioned areas of AAL (Ambient Assisted Livings) and the connection of Living and work by means of plug-and-play solutions can be accommodated as well as easy upgrading to new technologies.
- Interdisciplinary of the team ensures panoramic views
- The implementation and evaluation of expert interviews, the implementation and evaluation of peer group discussions, as well as the collection and analysis of existing models by means of qualitative content analysis, completes the picture and helps to avoid "reinventing the wheel"
- The modular mapping and presentation as well as technology have also impact on the economic level to the fact that the systems can be easily adapted to new technologies or environmental changes
- The design introduced in accordance to system types that subsequently also become the modules where various options can be taken into account, ensures that on the one hand the advantages of an "industrial production" can be used, and still, individual adjustments can be made (example: mass customization).
Comprehensible, easily adaptable, ÖGNI / DGNB pre-certified technical models in three categories
- apartment network
- closed design
- Energy and technical computing models (energy revenue and expenditure account; calculation of other benefits)
- Economic computational models (costs, revenues, ...)
- Business models (construction phase, operational phase, ...) as well as financial models
BLUESAVE Energy Efficiency Consultants, Mag. Doris Wirth