Oekosan 09 - International symposium for high-quality energetic renovation of large-scale buildings
Starting point / motivation
A major part of the energy consumption of the member states of the European Union is consumed by the building sector. Especially in the Central-European moderate climate zones nearly one third of the total energy consumption is spent on space heating. In the field of building renovation the potential savings for primary energy use is much higher than in the field of new buildings. Therefore in the future, essential energy savings can be achieved only by high performance renovation of the building stock. In order to obtain sustainable results new innovative developments and renovation alternatives have to be discussed. Very important in this connection is the aspect of their economical practicability.
Objectives and contens
Within a three-day international conference these topics on the building stock and approaches for solutions will be analyzed and revealed with representatives of policy, economic and research. Parallel with the conference a technical exhibition will take place. Within these three conference days numerous companies will present their innovations and new trends to the visitors, in all fields of building construction and retrofitting. Additional to the technical presentations best practice examples and concepts of implemented or running projects, technical components and innovative materials will be presented in the frame of a poster exhibition.
Objective of the symposium was to contribute to the know-how-transfer of the state-of-the-art of research and development for concerned target groups. So the conference contributed to ensure future energy supply and to reduce greenhouse gases caused by emissions of the building sector.
The topics of the symposium ´09 had been:
- Energy efficiency in the e5-municipalities
- Frame conditions for an ecological building retrofit
- International programs to promote RES & RUE
- Building construction and quality assurance tools
- Innovative building and retrofit concepts
- Best practice
458 participants representing 10 nations attended the symposium. On 8th and 9th of October the expert-conference was participated by 321 experts, decision-makers and stakeholders.
It was the 3rd ökosan symposium, which was hosted by AEE INTEC, and is now one of the most important conferences on sustainable building renovation within the german-speaking nations.
It was possible to welcome participants from the nations mentioned below:
- The Netherlands
The support service during the conference was to take care of all participants and speakers. But in addition to that everybody was provided with the entire conference documents printed and as a CD-Rom. All presentations held by the speakers are also available.
It is assumed that all the interesting presentations and discussions during these three days could increase know-how-transfer for market-implementation and initiate a broader application of new technologies.
The positive results from all participants (which can be read in the evaluation forms and were heard during the conference) motivate AEE INTEC to host in two years the next symposium - the conference "ökosan 11".
Dipl.-Ing. Dr. Karl Höfler
DI Sonja Geier, DI Armin Knotzer, Elisabeth Reitbauer, Rosa-Magdalena Stranzl, Ing. Ewald Selvicka, Ing. Werner Weiß
AEE – Institut für Nachhaltige Technologien
Advisory committee of the conference
- Prof. Dipl.-Ing. Peter O. Braun, HafenCity Universität Hamburg, DE
- Prof. Anne Grete Hestnes, Norwegian University of Technology, Trondheim, NO
- Dipl.-Ing. Sonja Geier, AEE - Institut für Nachhaltige Technologien, Gleisdorf, AT
- Prof. Dipl.-Ing. Helmut Krapmeier, Energieinstitut Vorarlberg, Dornbirn, AT
- Arch. Dipl.-Ing. Fritz Oettl, pos architekten ZT-KG, Wien, AT
- Dipl.-Ing. Helga Rally , LandesEnergieVerein Steiermark, Graz, AT
- Prof. Matheos Santamauris, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, GR
- Univ. Prof. Arch. Dipl.-Ing. Dr. Martin Treberspurg, Universität für Bodenkultur, Wien, AT
- Prof. Dr. Karsten Voss, Universität Wuppertal, DE
- Arch. Dr. Mark Zimmermann, Swiss Federal Laboratories for Materials Testing an Research, Dübendorf, CH
Dipl.-Ing. Dr. Karl Höfler
Tel.:+43 (3112) 5886
Fax: +43 (3112) 5886-18