Transfer initiative - The future belongs to the passive house
With its saving potential of 80% for new buildings and up to 95% for renewing old ones, the passive house is the most sustainable and economically feasible total concept of future-oriented construction standards. Accordingly, it plays a particularly important role in the programme line "Building of Tomorrow", in which research projects on passive houses are the largest group.
Contents and aims
With its active transfer-mix of different activities, the community of interests "IG Passivhaus Österreich" aims at a maximum spread of know-how transfer to all target groups. Almost all research projects conducted within the framework of "House of the Future" on passive houses involved member companies and/or institutions.
Survey of the targets envisaged for the transfer initiative "Passive House goes Standard" for broad implementation of the "Building of Tomorrow" research results on passive houses:
- On 16 trade fairs throughout Austria in two years the concept of a theme hall on the passive house offers expert information and advice through a blend of presentations of research results on "House of the Future", coordinated major exhibitions of passive house components, technical presentations and evening events.
- Lobbying activities at community level aiming at "building at least one passive house in every community in Austria by the year 2010"
- Build up and intensification of the transfer stage to reach the following targets by 2010:
- 25% of new buildings constructed to passive house standard
- 50 passive house buildings under renewal or already completed
- Each province of Austria has at least 1 public passive house building
- Keep the international leading edge of Austrian industry in the future-oriented passive house standard due to transfer of know-how of research objects
Overview on trade fair activities1. Period in 2006 Focus on presentation:
- 14.01.2006 1. Tiroler Passivhausforum (Kufstein)
- 26.-29.01.2006 Häuslbauer Fachmesse (Graz)
- 02.-05.02.2006 Fachmesse Bau und Energie (Oberwart)
- 10.-12.02.2006 13. Häuslbauermesse Innsbruck
- 16.-19.02.2006 Bauen + Wohnen Messe Salzburg
- 23.-26.02.2006 Bauen & Energie Messe Wien
- 02.-05.03.2006 Energiesparmesse Wels
- 20.-22.09.2006 Public Service Kommunalmesse Wien
- 11.-12.11.2006 Marktplatz Passivhaus Wolfurt
- 02.-11.02.2007 Häuselbauermesse Klagenfurt
- 09.-11.02.2007 14. Häuslbauermesse Innsbruck
- 15.-18.02.2007 Bauen & Energie Messe Wien
- 22.-25.02.2007 Bauen + Wohnen Messe Salzburg
- 01.-04.03.2007 Energiesparmesse Wels
- 13.-15.04.2007 Ausstellerforum 11. Passivhaustagung Bregenz
Overview of the transfer initiative on community level1. and 2. Period of the years 2006 and 2007:
- Transfer initiative on community level with more than 200 contacts in whole Austria for different project ideas, concepts and initiatives (see attachment).
- Out of this there have been 65 concrete passive house projects or initiatives developed in minimum. Some of them have been already realized others are still in planning (see attachment).
- Enlarged 2. edition of the CIPRA community brochure 2006/2007 "Energy efficient building and renovating in the alps" with passive house projects in cooperation with the "IG Passivhaus Österreich".
- Involvement of the Austrian association of towns and municipalities as multiplier on community level.
- Cooperation with regional associations as the "Vorarlberger Gemeindebund" or the "Umweltverband".
Ing. Günter Lang
IG Passivhaus Österreich
Netzwerk für Information, Qualität und Weiterbildung
Project or cooperation partner
- IG Passivhaus c/o Vorarlberg
Kennelbacherstraße 36, 6900 Bregenz
Ing. Günther Diem
- IG Passivhaus Tirol
Heiliggeiststrasse 3, 6020 Innsbruck
Dipl.Ing. Bernhard Schwarze
- IG Passivhaus Oberösterreich
Hafenstraße 47-51, 4020 Linz
- IG Passivhaus Ost
SOL4 - Büro-Seminarzentrum Eichkogel
Guntramsdorfer Str. 103, 2340 Mödling
Bmst. Ing. Klaus Kiessler
- IG Passivhaus Steiermark/Burgenland
Am Ökopark 6, 8230 Hartberg
- IG Passivhaus Kärnten
St. Veiter Ring 10, 9020 Klagenfurt
Arch. DI Martin Weiss
- IG Passivhaus Salzburg
Jakob-Haringer-Str 8/Techno 5, 5020 Salzburg
Dachverband IG Passivhaus Österreich
Ing. Günter Lang
Tel.: +43 0650-900 20 40