The Passive House Catalogue of Building details for renovations
The Passive House Catalogue of Building Details for Renovations will use valuable and readily available resources to create a new product:
- A number of "Building of Tomorrow"-funded projects that deal with construction issues in refurbishment and renovation of building.
- The IBO Catalogue of Details for Passive Houses (SpringerWienNewYork 2008) shows regular sections and connection details (for new buildings) with structural-physical description, calculation, ecological calculation and rating.
Only a systematic evaluation of existing solutions, their completion, a structural-physical, constructive and ecological analysis and a compact and user-friendly presentation make the results of the existing studies (mostly focussing on one specific building) readily available and usable in the building practice.
The constructional solutions developed in the ongoing or finished "Building of Tomorrow"-funded studies will be screened according to standard cross-sections, connector details and technical considerations. This valuable material will be:
- arranged systematically according to building tasks and to historical building design epochs,
- recalculated in a standardized way and
- presented according to the methodology of the Catalogue of Details for Passive Houses (which has been developed with "Building of Tomorrow" funding by the applicant).
The most important standard cross-sections and connector details that are missing in the so far conducted "Building of Tomorrow" studies will be newly developed. The resulting collection will contain approx. 15 standard cross-sections and around 45 connector details for building renovation according to the Passive House Standard (or with components for Passive Houses).
For the presentation of the results the print layouts and web design will be used that were developed by the applicant in the course of "Building of Tomorrow" funded projects.
The project has been presented to and discussed with the authors of the screened HdZ building refurbishment studies and other interested parties at the 2008 IBO congress in a workshop.
Dr. Tobias Waltjen
IBO - Österreichisches Institut für Baubiologie und -ökologie [Austrian Institute for Healthy and Ecological Building]
Project or cooperation partner
- Österreichisches Institut für Baubiologie und -ökologie GmbH [Austrian Institute for Healthy and Ecological Building GmbH]
Alserbachstraße 5/8, 1090 Wien
Tel.: +43 (1) 319 20 05