Sorption cooling and air dehumidification device
Conventional air-conditioning systems have both a high current consumption (use of primary energy) and the disadvantage that climatic conditions are produced, which are outside of the comfort range for living and office buildings (high humidity). The today's building methods (very good isolation of the building cover and high solar profits by large window areas) cause an accordingly small energy consumption in the heating season. Therefore it results a shift of the requirements from conventional heating to air-conditioning. An unpleasant and much to dry indoor climate is developing by controlled ventilation systems in winter. There is a large demand at devices, which can repair these problems and in addition operate with a kind of energy, which is available free of charge or particularly favourably straight in times when air-conditioning is needed.
The SEDEC Energie- und Umwelttechnik GmbH developed a patent-protected idea of sorption cooling, air dehumidification and air conditioning device, which is characterised by the following points:
- heat instead of electricity is used as driving power for the cooling and/or air conditioning process. This energy can be won e.g. by Solar heat collectors or from heat rejection by CHP-devices or refrigerant plants
- climatic indoor data with exactly adjustable parameters (temperature and humidity) can be produced as well in the air-conditioning as in the heating and dehumidifying operating state
- both small and of any size achievements can be realized by the free scaling bar (off far under 10 KW)
- the dimensions of a commercial product will amount to e.g. for 800 m³/h 1,5m x 1,2m x 1,4m (or for 300 m³/h 1m x 1m x 1m) and thus they are far under the size of comparable devices
- in an open process with air as the process medium no environmental harmful refrigerants are used
- all aggregates necessary for the enterprise of an air ventilation system e.g. fans and hygienic control are integrated in the process
- a simple structure (e.g. compared with desiccant cooling processes with desiccant wheel) is given
- as result to the development will be offered a low-priced unit with multipurpose application possibilities, with which in contrast to all other procedures exact climatic indoor conditions can be produced and/or water-systems can be cooled
- the unit can be used in the winter as a controlled ventilation system, whereby also in this case a comfortable indoor climate (air temperature and humidity) is produced
A multitude of application types result from it. The integration into prefabricated houses, the air-conditioning of office buildings and storage halls and the dehumidifying and/or the cooling of production processes are only some of them.
In the context of the FFG-promoted project the prototype was developed to this unit. A test range was created, which enable the investigation of the function under all possible climate conditions. Because of their instrumentation equipment a complete collection of the parameters is made possible, consequently to test and simulates the behaviour and to develop the regulation. The structure was selected in such a way that a greatest possible accessibility to the components and a simple assembly are ensured under the restriction to hold down the costs . With some components innovative solutions were be developed, whereby inexpensive solutions with partly system-improving advantages (e.g. hygiene, regulation) resulted.
During the project period the test range was planned, developed completely and furnished the acceptance trial.
- Dipl.-Ing. Horst Egger, SEDEC Energie- und Umwelttechnik GmbH
- Dipl.-Ing. Olaf Schwandt, SEDEC Energie- und Umwelttechnik GmbH
GeBeTech, St. Stephan, +43 (650) 3383183
SEDEC Energie- und Umwelttechnik GmbH
Emil von Behring-Str. 24, 9500 Villach
Dipl.-Ing. Horst Egger and Dipl.-Ing. Olaf Schwandt
Tel.: +43 (4242) 45675
Fax: +43 (4242) 45675-75