Passive house Kindergarten with an integrated therapeutical group
The kindergarten workers have visited relevant realized buildings as well as a passive house. Findings from that have led to the briefing for design and pedagogical requirements which ended in an architectural competition. This competition which stressed ecological and passive-house aspects was won by "atelier hauptplatz drei", Kislinger Architekten und Partner.
The accompanying research program will put the local building on a significant regional level and will lead to the planned objective quality.
Research and Innovations
- Particular challenge: the Kindergarten as a passive house.
- The demand for a compact building qualifies the demand of the users for a single storey house.
- Pedagogical requests in some respects conflict with optimized passive house concepts (for instance. variable room heights, or light levels).
- Heat energy consumption will grossly depend on working hours - full occupation during workdays from 8 - 12, 12 - 16 with 20 % occupancy.
- High levels of human waste heat during full occupancy lead to specific deviations in the calculated results.
- Otherwise show particular rooms specific needs for fresh air supply or thermal comfort - the gym, store rooms or multi-purpose rooms. This will hamper air ventilation heating.
- The use of passive house Kindergarten requires specific thermal comfort, indoor humidity, summer heat resistance or concentration levels of Carbon dioxide.
- The building is turned away 45° from south direction.
- Low stratus during winter seasons.
- Lowering the building up to 1m into adjacent terrain - suitable for handicapped.
- After the analysis of numerous construction and technical variations the following components were recommended and commissioned, indicating advantages and disadvantages
The building will be located in a new housing estate of Ziersdorf in the south-western part of Weinviertel in Lower Austria.
|Project manager:||Architekt Johannes Kislinger|
Architekt DI Johannes Kislinger, Horn
DI Thomas Zelger, Institut für Baubiologie und Ökologie GmbH, Wien
Ing. Jürgen Obermayer, TB Käferhaus, Langenzersdorf
Feist Wolfgang, Dr. Ing., Passivhausinstitut Darmstadt, D
AH3 Architekten ZT GmbH
DI Johannes Kislinger (Geschäftsführer)
Tel.: 43 2982 20800
Fax: 43 2985 20800-20