Workshop: The Contribution of the Renewable Heating and Cooling technologies to the "Smart Cities initiatives"
9. February 2011
House of Cities, Square de Meeûs 1
B-1000 Brussels, BE
Secretariat of the European Technology Platform on Renewable Heating & Cooling (RHC-Platform), with the kind support of the Austrian Ministry for Transport, Innovation and Technology (BMVIT)
The European Industrial Initiative "Smart Cities and Regions", already included in the SET-Plan, aims at positioning committed cities at the forefront of the development of the low carbon economy. For the renewable heating and cooling (RHC) industries, this initiative represents a unique opportunity for deploying large-scale innovative renewable heat solutions. The European Renewable Heating and Cooling Technology Platform wants to contribute to the ongoing consultation on the "Smart Cities" initiatives and to promote the effective integration of RHC technologies and industries into the cities of the future.
- Members of the RHC-Platform (industry and research)
- Renewable energy sources industry associations
- European Commission (DG ENER, DG REGIO)
- Committee of Regions
- Joint Research Center
- Network of cities/regions i.e. Energie-Cites, Eurocities, Climate Alliance, CEMR, and Fedarene
- Covenant of Mayors (COMO) and Concerto project partners
- Members of the European Parliament
- Other European Technology Platforms, namely construction sector and E2B
Registration to the workshop will close on 31 January 2011.
Renewable Energy House
Rue d'Arlon 63-67
B-1040 Brussels Belgium
Tel.: +32 (2) 546 1930
Fax : +32 (2) 546 1934