Best-of "Building of Tomorrow" 2010
22. and 23. November 2010
Skylounge, Austrian Chamber of Commerce (WKO)
BMVIT - Federal Ministry for Transport, Innovation and Technology
The topics deal with international programmes and initiatives, the new Energy Performance of Buildings Directive as well as energy efficiency in buildings and settlements both, in new buildings as well as refurbishment.
1st day: 22nd November 2010
- 8.30 Arrival, coffee
- 9.00 Opening words
General Secretary Herbert Kasser, Federal Ministry of Transport, Innovation and Technology (BMVIT) (to be confirmed)
- 9.15 The way to "Buildings of Tomorrow"
Michael Paula, BMVIT
- 9:30 Welcome by Christoph Leitl
President of the Austrian Chamber of Commerce
International Programmes and Initiatives
- 9.45 EnEff:Stadt - "energy efficient city"
Jürgen Gehrmann, PT Jülich, Germany
- 10.05 Trends of Swiss energy research
the new focal point "Living and Working of the future"
Andreas Eckmanns, BFE, Switzerland
- 10.25 European SMART CITIES initiative and "Urbane Europe"
a transnational programme based on variable geometry
Hans-Günther Schwarz, bmvit, and
Margit Noll, AIT
- 11. 00 Coffee break
Energy Efficiency and Sustainability of Buildings
- 11.30 The EU-Energy Performance of Buildings Directive and its implementation in Austria
Christian Pöhn, City of Vienna
- 11.55 "Plus-energy buildings" - criteria, definitions and guidelines
Sonja Geier, AEE Intec
- 12.20 Overall Sustainability in the building sector - the research initiative "Solid sustainability"
Susanne Supper, Austrian Society for Environment and Technology (ÖGUT)
Johannes Fechner, 17&4
- 12:45 International award "Concrete for heating and cooling at low temperatures"
Frank Huber, Zement + Beton
"Building of Tomorrow"-poster exhibition
- 13.00 Lunch break / poster exhibition
Buildings - new buildings, renovation, monitoring
- 14.00 Passive-house standard in multi-family housing at the example of Viennese residential buildings
Helmut Schöberl, Schöberl & Pöll
- 14.25 Passive-house renovation Makartstraße Linz
Ingrid Domenig-Meisinger, arch more
- 14.50 Monitoring results and user acceptance in "Building of Tomorrow" demonstration buildings
Waldemar Wagner, AEE Intec, Jürgen Suschek-Berger, IFZ
- 15.15 Coffee break
Settlements - new development, renovation, energy efficiency
- 15.45 New and renewed urban quarters: from solarCity to Baumgarten
Martin Treberspurg, Treberspurg & Partner Architekten
- 16.10 Sustainable settlements seen at the example of the "Building of Tomorrow" project "aspern plus"
Christoph Pollak, research TUb
- 16.35 Zero Carbon Village - energy autarkic settlement
Rudolf Bintinger, GrAT
- 17.00 Conclusion and outlook
Theodor Zillner, BMVIT
- Herbert Greisberger, Austrian Society for Environment and Technology (ÖGUT)
- Isabella Zwerger, BMVIT
2nd day: 23rd November 2010
- 8:45 Meeting in the Wißgrillgasse 10, 1140 Vienna
individual arrival by participants (tramway 52 (station Diesterweggasse), "Schnellbahn" (station Penzing), metro line U4 (station Hietzing) and 15 minutes walk)
- 8:50 "Gründerzeit" with future: Attic development in the Wißgrillgasse, 14th district of Vienna
Tour: Robert Gassner, Gassner + Partner; Walter Hüttler, e7
- 9:45 Departure with bus to Purkersdorf
- 10:15 Retrofitting of a late-nineteenth-century villa in Wienerwald to passive-house standard
Tour: Architekt Georg W. Reinberg
- 11:10 Departure with bus to Utendorfgasse
- 11:30 Social Housing in passive-house standard: apartment complex Utendorfgasse
Tour: Stefan Haertl, Heimat Österreich
- Short trip to the Europahaus, Linzerstraße 429, 1140 Wien
- 12:00 Presentation: Integrated planning process for the apartment complex Utendorfgasse
Wilfried Haertl, Bauträger Heimat Österreich
- End of the excursion and individual departure by participants (tramway 49, different bus lines or metro U4 are reachable within 10 minutes walk)
Admission is free of charge.
Please send your registration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ÖGUT - Österreichische Gesellschaft für Umwelt und Technik
DI Claudia Dankl
Tel.: +43 (1) 3156393-24