Symposium: 2nd International Symposium for Distributed Electricity Generation and Smart Grids
- arsenal research
- Austrian Ministry of Innovation and Technology (BMVIT)
- Association of Austrian Electricity Companies (VEÖ)
Distributed generation is one of the answers to the challenges for the energy system but also poses new questions. Completely new technical and organisational requirements occur. Basic system issues like network management, capacity planning, stability, protection strategies and quality of supply as well as optimisation of energy supply and demand massively come to the fore. The borders between energy producers and costumers increasingly blur. New business models need to be developed.
In the framework of the strategy finding process ENERGY 2050 of the Austrian Federal Ministry of Transport, Innovation and Technology the research area "Energy Systems and Networks" should be enhanced and concretised. This year's "2nd International Symposium for Distributed Electricity Generation and Smart Grids" is focused on practical research in the field of future network operation and the associated fields of information and communication technology, metering and network simulation. Within the scope of the symposium international experiences and expectations for future developments will be presented and discussed with an audience of experts from industry, research and development as well as from administration and authorities.
- Opening Session: Network Operation of the Future - International Context
- Session 1: Austrian Main Research Electricity Networks
- Session 2: Smart Distribution Networks - International Research Projects
- Session 3: Future Metering in Distribution Grids and the Possible Contribution to Monitoring in Low Voltage Grids
- Session 4: Active Networks in University and Non-University Institutes
- Session 5: Simulation of Distribution Networks - A Change from Network Planning to a Multifunctional Network Operation Tool
- Session 6: Information- and Communication Technology in Distribution Grids - Area of Conflict between Feasibility, Costs and Reliability
- Roundtable: Future Network Operation the R&D Framework for Network Operators
The detailed programme is available as PDF download.
arsenal research - Business Field Renewable Energy Technologies
Austria, 1210 Vienna, Giefinggasse 2
ph: +43 (0) 50550-6497
f: +43 (0) 50550-6390
mobile: +43 (664) 6207861