Green ICT for Sustainable Consumption? - Exploring Emerging Policies and Open Research Questions
17. - 18. January 2013
Palais Harrach, Freyung 3
1010 Vienna, AT
With high-level keynote speakers from the science and policy fields:
- Ray Pinto, Microsoft Europe, Middle East and Africa
- Inge Røpke, Aalborg University
- Grégoire Wallenborn, Free University of Brussels
The event brings together high-level scientists, policy-makers and industry representatives to explore, discuss and address pressing questions on the potentials and challenges of Green ICT for enabling Sustainable Consumption:
- What is the potential of Cloud Computing as enabler of sustainable consumption in terms of direct, indirect and systemic effects?
- How can Smart Metering help to reduce the energy consumption of households?
- How can we design policies and practices to realise the potential of ICTs and promote a process towards sustainable consumption?
- What are the respective roles and responsibilities of policy-makers, representatives of ICT industries, researchers, and other stakeholders?
Please, note that the number of participants is limited to 40 people. Hence, you are kindly asked to send an informal registration e-mail by November 30, 2012 to email@example.com.
Mag. Vivien Lunda
Institute for the Environment and Regional Development – RCE Vienna
Vienna University of Economics and Business
Nordbergstrasse 15 (UZA4, 4B)
Tel.: +43 (1) 31336-4782